europeansinamerica
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
europeansinamerica

hey you all

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Cartes Pokémon 151 : où trouver le ...
Voir le deal

And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?)

+2
Marieke
Joachim
6 participants
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Joachim
Langue pendue
Joachim

And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?) - Page 2 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?)   And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?) - Page 2 EmptyVen 14 Avr à 5:37

Sounds amazing Raphaelle. I still think Kabul is a somewhat unreal place to go for a holiday. I hope you have a lot of fun (be carefull though). Rome is fun as well (with Marieke here) Laughing
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
raphaelle
Rang: Administrateur
raphaelle

MessageSujet: Re: And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?)   And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?) - Page 2 EmptyVen 14 Avr à 6:23

ah ah ah, yeah well... I have kind of an unusual family.
i had the same feeling that u have when i was in the plane and about to land and also when i was packing my clothes.... (i was wishing i was going to morocco or something like that where i would have gone on the beach and wear normal clothes...)
but afterall, i don't regret a single second to be here
matthijs
matthijs

MessageSujet: Re: And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?)   And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?) - Page 2 EmptyMar 18 Avr à 2:15

hey folks! what a wonderful tour it was saturday! 150 KM in 6 hours 23 mts!! ok weather, interesting fellow-bikers, even some celebs! (Leontien! Zoetemelk!)
The only bad thing was that sunday my legs hurt :S

anyone who feels adressed to answer (one of) the following questions, go ahead!
how was afganistan?
how was rome with marieke?
how was rome with joachim?
how was saturday night in steenbergen?
how was that final part of your thesis?
http://www.dielangeinamerika.tk
raphaelle
raphaelle

MessageSujet: Re: And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?)   And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?) - Page 2 EmptyMar 18 Avr à 3:28

so, how IS Afghanistan?
well, just came back from a trip in the "Bamiyan" area (you know, the village where there used to be two uge buddhas unfortunately detsroyed by the talibans). it was amazing.

First, the landscapes : I have never ever in my life seen such beautiful landscapes. It was incredibly beautiful and moving. We drove and went by horse (unusual for women here but no car can go there) to some lakes (3500 meters high) in Bandi amir which are "ridiculously gorgeous". there are pretty famous because of yann arthus bertrand's pictures of them).

Second, the people : did you know the afghan kids are the most beautiful and smiling children in the world? considering the fact that they have absolutely nothing, it can be a bit surprising. and they love to have their picture taken... I also met interesting people like the governor of the bamiyan area (the only governor who is a woman), the prince (son of former afghanistan king Zaher Shah)... also, plenty of interesting people like theses two kids who are musicians and whose families were killed by the talibans (it was forbidden to play music or to listen to music back then) because they were hiding tapes.

Third, the security... here comes the bad thing... since i was with my father, 3 bodyguards were with us as well as a car full of afghan policemen... such a shame... we succeeded in "losing" the afghan cops but not the rest.
also, the road was awful (11 hours to make 250 kms) and girls, no toilets there...and you've got to cover your head (not everywhere) and your body too (yes, everywhere).

now, i'm back in Kabul. on friday i'm going in the Pandshir valley (where massoud is buried) and til friday, i'm gonna spend time in Kabul, the city is worth it.

i think Afghanistan is one of the most beautiful country in the world and one of the most destroyed one too. can't help but wonder what i am doing with my life in paris when i see all that. my little sister has stopped wondering : she has already found some jobs in various NGOs here for her summers and her life after she finishes her studies.

Matthijs, well done for the race even though i don't know who the hell are Leontien or Zoetemelk. i only knwo Tom Boonen and i don't even knwo how to write it.
and yes, what about Rome and teh thesis and everything?
I look forward to seeing you guys even if this queensday we seems very far away from me right now, it's in less then 2 weeks! can't wait!
matthijs
matthijs

MessageSujet: Re: And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?)   And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?) - Page 2 EmptyMer 19 Avr à 16:36

r, can you please stay away from any americans in kabul? just read about the missile attack on US embassy. Would like to see you in one piece in two weeks! Very Happy
raphaelle
raphaelle

MessageSujet: Re: And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?)   And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?) - Page 2 EmptyMer 19 Avr à 23:25

yeah.... the US embassy is next to the French embassy.
I was home since 2 minutes when i heard the missile. 2 minutes before, I was in front of the US embassy.
my mum told us so we would sleep alright that it was the thunder... right... never saw the thunder like that...
it reminds u (cause u tend to forget) that afghanistan is indeed a dangerous country
Joachim
Langue pendue
Joachim

MessageSujet: Re: And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?)   And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?) - Page 2 EmptyJeu 20 Avr à 1:38

wow, thats crazy indeed! I'm very glad you were home then, and not 2 minutes to laten.....

Stories from Rome seem a bit 'ordinary' compared to such adventures....but Marieke and I had a very nice week together in Rome Very Happy, really very good!!! I just put her on the bus to the airport this morning and I am back at work. I am feeling a bit blue now....well, back to daily life again Confused
Lenneke
Langue pendue
Lenneke

MessageSujet: Re: And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?)   And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?) - Page 2 EmptyJeu 20 Avr à 5:56

It's good to hear you're alright, R! Be careful outthere!!!
But besides the missile-attack, are you enjoying your stay in Kabul. Well, we'll hear all the stories next week Very Happy

And J, still enjoying Rome? Still liking the pizza's, pasta's and all the other italian stuff? How is your italian by the way, already fluent?

And M&M&M see you all next week....
QUEENSDAY queen Whoohoo, can't wait
raphaelle
raphaelle

MessageSujet: Re: And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?)   And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?) - Page 2 EmptyJeu 20 Avr à 9:37

yeah, i'm very much enjoying my stay here! it's not really the kind of holidays where you get some rest but the country is definitively worth it...
I'm always surprised by the kindness of the Afghans... I mean, they don't have anything, they live in awful conditions but their smiles are unique.
i'm kind of spending my time giving bananas to kids in the street these days... (they say they are my bodyguards and they are so much better at their job than the real one...)
also, i started my career as a model this morning... (my mum too! wow kabuli models.... i even showed my wrists...)
i think pretty soon it's gonna be milano and paris for us...
raphaelle
raphaelle

MessageSujet: Re: And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?)   And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?) - Page 2 EmptyLun 24 Avr à 6:16

hey...
just to let you know that i came back home safely...
i have to say i'm a bit Sad to be back at work....
would you guys like anything special from paris? a pain au chocolat, some macarons, a nice bottle of pouilly fumé, the eiffel tower i dunno, anything, just let me know
cat
Marieke
Langue pendue
Marieke

MessageSujet: Re: And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?)   And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?) - Page 2 EmptyLun 24 Avr à 8:35

Ow Raph I am sorry to hear that. I have to admit I did not feel like working too this morning after a great Rome and a fun weekend with friends in a tiny old Dutch city.
About taking stuff with you: a good cheese?! Haha, I guess your fellowpassengers would not appreciate if you would take smelly French cheese Very Happy. No, Raph, just bring yourself. And I guess I missed out, but at what time will you arrive in Rotterdam? And Len, Matthijs and Michel did you by any chance come up with bad weather plans (Rijksmuseum maybe?! or will that be closed at Sunday?).
Well, everything will work out anyway Smile.

CU all soon! (Minus Joachim: are you going to the Koninginnedagreceptie at the Dutch embassy upcoming Thursday, http://www.olanda.it/ ?),
http://mariekeindevs.waarbenjij.nu
matthijs
matthijs

MessageSujet: Re: And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?)   And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?) - Page 2 EmptyLun 24 Avr à 10:03

yo R , i think we all are happy enough with you only, plus, travelling light is much more convenient than having to carry presents and other stuff with you.
As i already told R, i have to miss out a few moments next weekend. One of those is friday night.. Saturday however i will be totally available for all of u!. For sunday: afternoon i'm ok, but till 1 i'll probably i'll have to skip, unfortunately... Sad
If the weather is good and we are driving to one of those top secret 'good weather locations', one of you can drive my car, and i will come later by train..
matthijs
matthijs

MessageSujet: Re: And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?)   And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?) - Page 2 EmptyLun 24 Avr à 10:10

tourist in my own country:
And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?) - Page 2 Wbbdix
Joachim
Langue pendue
Joachim

MessageSujet: Re: And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?)   And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?) - Page 2 EmptyMar 25 Avr à 3:34

Just fabulous matthijs Laughing ! I have to say, you blend in so naturally in those traditional clothing it took my quite a while to figure out which one you were. But I guess the loving way you hold the 'bols' betrayed you.... Mr. Green
raphaelle
raphaelle

MessageSujet: Re: And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?)   And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?) - Page 2 EmptyMar 25 Avr à 6:06

I'm supposed to arrive at 9 pm in rotterdam if i remember well, unless i'm at the hospital by then.. I think my body is having an allergic reaction to work... i haven't felt as bad as i do in a looooonng time....
and i'm supposed to leave rotterdam on the monday at 5pm. But maybe all of you will have to work/study this day so don't hesitate to tell me if staying on the monday is not convenient for you.
gtg... man, i'm sick as a dog as we say in french and i'm at work... i still don't get why i didn't stay in my bed.
nice pic, M.
i'm really looking forward to seeing you guys, this thought brings a bit of comfort in my miserable day...
matthijs
matthijs

MessageSujet: Re: And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?)   And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?) - Page 2 EmptyMar 25 Avr à 6:53

cool that you stay till monday! i have to work monday morning but i'll try to get a day off! at least we have the whole sunday then till late! Very Happy Get better soon! at least before friday!

lets all vote at monopoly.com at Delmar Blvd!!! They are having a contest for the new monopolyboard game.. wouldnt it be fun if delmar ended up there! i cast my vote already, its your turn now!
raphaelle
raphaelle

MessageSujet: Re: And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?)   And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?) - Page 2 EmptyMer 26 Avr à 2:00

ah ah
i'll make sure to do that
did u know that tom cruise was coming to la défense this afternoon.... i don't know yet if i'll escape from my office for an hour or if i'll watch him by my window...
he's coming by helicopter.... doesn't he have other things to do like stay a bit with his baby girl?
still, life at la défense is SOOOO exciting...!
Joachim
Langue pendue
Joachim

MessageSujet: Re: And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?)   And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?) - Page 2 EmptyMer 26 Avr à 2:33

I don't think tom cruise has a lot of other things to do, because 2 days ago he was here in Rome. There was a big fuss in front of a movie theatre with fancy sportcars driving on and off. People said tom cruise was coming to promote mission impossible 3. But I couldn't be bothered to wait, because I was hungry Confused . I saw Laurence Fishburne though (life in rome is verrry exciting too Laughing )
raphaelle
raphaelle

MessageSujet: Re: And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?)   And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?) - Page 2 EmptyMer 26 Avr à 9:20

man....
i've just checked the weather forecast for this we in Utrecht : it's TERRIBLE!!!!
Marieke
Langue pendue
Marieke

MessageSujet: Re: And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?)   And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?) - Page 2 EmptyJeu 27 Avr à 3:08

I know... Sad So we have to make the best of it ourselves; well just take an umbrella and we will be sunrays ourselves Wink!
Guys does anyone of you know a good party in Utrecht/ Amsterdam/ The Hague/ anywhere we can drop in if rain pours down Friday? I´ve checked for party´s in Amsterdam and The Hague but actually I do not know where we should go best...

And shall we take the train of 20.02u tomorrow heading Rotterdam so gathering at 19.05 at Trefpunt?!

See y´all tomorrow Smile
matthijs
matthijs

MessageSujet: Re: And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?)   And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?) - Page 2 EmptyJeu 27 Avr à 3:22

as i mentioned here before, i cant be there tomorrow evening in rotterdam/the hague. BUt if you guys go to utrecht friday night, i can join around midnight!! so let me know where the party's at!
Lenneke
Langue pendue
Lenneke

MessageSujet: Re: And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?)   And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?) - Page 2 EmptyJeu 27 Avr à 6:24

Hey everyone!
Marieke do you mean meeting at 19.55 at trefpunt?I'll be there.
I do know any good parties either. But I'll look at the internet if I can find something.
See you tomorrow
raphaelle
raphaelle

MessageSujet: Re: And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?)   And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?) - Page 2 EmptyJeu 27 Avr à 7:01

ah ah ahh aha hah aha!!!
i'm so happy to see you tomorrow guys!!!!!!!!!!
Mr. Green Mr.Red Mr. Green Mr.Red
i don't mind where we go : everything will be great with u!!!!!!!!

ps : tom is really a tiny little thing
Marieke
Langue pendue
Marieke

MessageSujet: Re: And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?)   And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?) - Page 2 EmptyJeu 27 Avr à 8:05

Yep, meant 19.55.
Hmm sounds fun to meet you Matthijs, although I do know from experience that can be awfully difficult to actually find eachother during Queensnight.. We´ll search and I will try to get in contact with Michel (haha what the hack is this thing with him: if we use cellphones he manages not to have one, if we use the forum he seems never to use the internet.. Rolling Eyes Very Happy )
CU 2morrow!
matthijs
matthijs

MessageSujet: Re: And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?)   And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?) - Page 2 EmptyJeu 27 Avr à 9:54

mariek, my number is still the same, i'll email it 2 u. Let me know if you're going to utrecht.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?)   And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?) - Page 2 Empty

And on and on it goes......(so much for a non-title ey?)
Page 2 sur 3Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3  Suivant