europeansinamerica
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
europeansinamerica

hey you all

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -20%
Ecran PC GIGABYTE 28″ LED M28U 4K ( IPS, 1 ms, ...
Voir le deal
399 €

Update

5 participants
AuteurMessage
Joachim
Langue pendue
Joachim

Update Empty
MessageSujet: Update   Update EmptyMar 11 Juil à 3:00

I figure it is time for an update: what is everybody doing? Where and why?

I for myself are finishing up the internship here in Rome. I have 3 more weeks to go, some results to produce and a report to write. In august I'll work on the London marathon for a couple of days, go with my parents to Poland for a week, spend some time in Utrecht and maybe go on a short vacation with 2 friends.

What is the rest of you up to? Any wild plans for the summer? How is the 'proffessional' life progressing? I'd like to hear it from all of you. So this 'all' naturally includes: Marieke (although I know a fair bit already Wink ), Lenneke, Raphaelle, Matthijs and Jelly Michelly.

Enlighten us! sunny
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Lenneke
Langue pendue
Lenneke

Update Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Update   Update EmptyJeu 13 Juil à 7:19

I FINALLY GRADUATED!!!!!! cheers
Whooohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably have to wait untill September to get my diploma. But now I'm going to enjoy the nice weather for a few days and then looking for a job, pfffffff Neutral

J, still enjoying your last weeks of Rome? And what is everyone else doing?

Are we still going to Brugge for a weekend somewhere in the holidays? sunny
Marieke
Langue pendue
Marieke

Update Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Update   Update EmptyJeu 13 Juil à 8:34

CONGRATULATIONS Len!!

Let us know when you will receive your diploma! And so you also finished your internship; how did you experience working at that office?

Matthijs how is your writing business going? Michel heard you are coming to Rome?

Well, I am still in Rome: 1,5 week left. I have been here alltogether for 6 weeks since al kinds of plans for internships, working, and volunteerwork abroad did not work out.. I´ve worked in a coffeebar and I am doing volunteerwork now (feeding homeless). Further I am just lazy as hell, doing everthing without haste and it makes me completely happy Surprised Very Happy. Well, the only thing is that I am writing some letters for funding since I am admitted to the master Public Administration in Leiden. So I do feel a bit irresponsible when I am asking for money when at the moment I am not making any myself.. Gues I will get over that one too Smile

The 24th of July I will start a refreshening language course in Madrid, the week after I will participate in a summercourse of Universidad de Complutense in El Escorial.
After that I am going to spend a week with my mother (and maybe sister) anywhere but at home.
By then it will be 12th of August, still a few weeks left before I will start at Leiden University: another 1,5 years before I will be graduated...

That was about it. So quite some things to do, starting this weekend with visiting Napels: does anyone have any recommendations regarding to must-see´s/-do´s?!

I do not know when, but Brugge geek or Normandy viking are already written in my mental agenda thumleft ! I do not know my schedule yet but when I do, I´ll let you know!

Hope everyone is well, see the Dutchies at the end of the summer (end of August/ start September) maybe for a BBQ?!

Love!
http://mariekeindevs.waarbenjij.nu
matthijs
Rang: Administrateur
matthijs

Update Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Update   Update EmptyJeu 13 Juil à 13:37

Marieke a écrit:

Matthijs how is your writing business going?
shitty
Marieke a écrit:

So quite some things to do, starting this weekend with visiting Napels: does anyone have any recommendations regarding to must-see´s/-do´s?!
yohooo thats cool..check out the bay, take the train to sorrento and up that peninsula. also the amalfian coast is beautiful and worth while two days spending, positano especially!!! a must see!!!. go to pompeii and hercolaneum, see the museum of pompeii in naples... plus see Capri from the coast...famous island..painted a zillion times by so many known and unknown painters, described by uncountable poets..when you see it you understand why!! i loved it there!! have fun!!!
http://www.dielangeinamerika.tk
matthijs
matthijs

Update Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Update   Update EmptyJeu 13 Juil à 13:49

oh and in sorrento, underneath the central square there's a five+ some stories club/lounge/cocktail/english pub/bar thingie!!!! worth a visit.. give those dark eyed brown haired southern italian beauties a wink from me!! Wink (except those with the mustaches!!)
raphaelle
raphaelle

Update Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Update   Update EmptyJeu 13 Juil à 14:15

hey everybody,
thank you J for writing an email that is not about soccer!!!!!!! as you may know, we, French people, are a bit traumatized these days....
Len : congratulations!!!!!!! here is my little piece of advice : i hope you'll find an interesting job but don't rush : enjoy your free time til you still have some!
Marieke : i also think it's great that you keep some time for yourself in Rome and that you enjoy your vacation there. I'm sure Madrid is gonna be AWESOME!
J : COURAGE!!! the internship is almost over!
Matthijs : thanks for giving us this great update about yourself. Not that i don't find your comments about Naples interesting but i also would have liked to know how you are doing. ps : there is a very funny, famous, old and ridiculous french song about capri.
and here you go about myself : i'm not gonna complain because i basically will be working all summer but, it's the sad reality!!! on top of that, since i've been promoted, which is a good thing, i'm doing a job that is so much harder that the one i had to do before.... on the one side, it's great cause i'm learning a bunch of stuff everyday but it's sooo tiring! and my boss keeps inviting me to have diner with him, telling me i would be cute dressed as a nurse (??!!!) so i have to deal with that too.
I also have been a bit sick (i guess i brought back a friend from afghanistan in my body...which is disgusting but it's gone now). the "good" thing is that because of that i lost some weight just before my holidays in croatia which was great for the beach... Wink and also, i'm not eating any meat anymore....
my holidays in croatia were absolutely awesome : it's beautiful, the weather was great, i really enjoyed visiting (a bit) all the islands on the dalmatian side of the country and relaxing on the beach where is no one except yourself.
my next holidays will be the 26th august (im' nearly counting the days!Smile i'm going in the south of france for the wedding of a good friend and afterwards to NYC. after that i have some exams to pass ( Thumb down ) for my job.
I'm really looking forward to seeing you guys i don't matter where!!! it won't be possible for me between the 26th of august and the 5th of september but before that or after that, i'm ready for a great we!!!! let me know when you are available. i might also be able to get some days off in august before the 26th.
anyway... sorry for this boring email... i'm gonna enjoy a nice 3-day we!!!! (yes it's the 14th of july tomorrow....)
love ya
raphaelle
raphaelle

Update Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Update   Update EmptyJeu 13 Juil à 14:23

Marieke
Langue pendue
Marieke

Update Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Update   Update EmptyVen 14 Juil à 9:38

Hi, me again.
Hey Matthijs thanx for that bunch of tips! But I do agree with Raph: what else are you doing? Still working at NS Question

I just found out that my classes start the 13th of September and that I will be having evening classes only. I would not like to sneak out right the first week (guess I kind need to adapt a bit) but all other weekends sound good to me now Smile. Although I will have a little break-away the last weekend of September. What about you all (except for R since she already told us)?!

Haha, and where´s Michel???? Wink Razz
raphaelle
raphaelle

Update Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Update   Update EmptyJeu 20 Juil à 11:23

hey guys!
just wanted to tell you that among the possibilities of great places to spend a few days together, there was of course also Paris!
I mean, I haven't had the time to show you a tenth of the things there is to see, the weather is really nice in the summertime and the greatest thing is : all the parisians are gone!!!
so if you find a good deal on the train tickets like last time, it could be fun too!
otherwise, i'm dying to go to Brugges
so basically, everything is fine with me
tongue
Joachim
Langue pendue
Joachim

Update Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Update   Update EmptyVen 21 Juil à 3:55

Yes, of course there is Paris! And I would mind at all spending some time there Cool . Also Brugge might be interesting, since I've never been there. So equally to Raphaelle, everything is fine with me too! (ow, we are such easy-going people aren't we Wink ). Only problem on my part is not the 'where' but the 'when'. I'll be pretty much occupied a lot in august, so I opt for some weekend in September....If people feel the need to organize something earlier in august, please do so, I'll see if I can join. Good holidays to everybody!
matthijs
matthijs

Update Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Update   Update EmptySam 22 Juil à 2:54

hi peeps!
a more elaborate updat e of my life is needed? okido... as i said my thesis is still shitty. i#m just doing nothing about it, and a lot of other stuff instead. I'm in Italy right now..spending some days at the Lago Maggiore. I saw a great bicycle store around here yesterday, maybe they've got some bikes on slae, since i need to do some training. In two weeks i'll be cycling the tourversion of Luik Bastenaken Luik (Liege-Bastonge-Liege).. and later in August the Mont Ventoux & the Col de Tourmalet. That will be something i guess...
Furthermore nothing really special except that i'm not working at the NS anymore, but i've got a somewhat serious (temporary) job at SelectMail. They've asked me to stay longer but i've politely thanked for that.
FOr anyone who's interested.. Mum aka Jeff is in LA now, he's graduated form WASH U and is trying to make it as a filmograpeher in the Hollywood studios. (not succeeding yet). Denis will get married in a few weeks, he's already back in Lousiana i guess, and is planning to buy a house with a driveway, a back porch and a big fireplace (i guess).
well that's about it for now...i'm gonna dive in the pool...
ps what a great tour de france this year dont you think? i hope landis will fall of his bike today in the time trial 'cause the man annoys me... lets hope evans or pereiro or kloden wins!! Or menchov!!!! whoohaaa... catch you all later in Brugges or Paris i hope ('we'll always have paris' nice one R.!! you finally watched that movie then huh?).. september is good for me, but a weekend in late august is a posibility also.. ciao ragazzi, ci vediamo
raphaelle
raphaelle

Update Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Update   Update EmptyLun 24 Juil à 2:52

ah ah ah!
of course i saw that movie!!
i just wanted to say that i was also hoping that landis would fall off his bike yesterday or that somebody would have the guts to try something!
he annoys me so much!! (and he is ugly. and i'm fed up with americans winning this race)
anyway, it did not happen...
thx for the news about denis and mom. i'm flabbergasted that the first one is really getting married...
gotta go back to work
have fun in the pool!
men, half of the europeansinamerica are in italy... after everything they've done to zidane!! Wink
Joachim
Langue pendue
Joachim

Update Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Update   Update EmptyMar 25 Juil à 2:17

You are right, I think I can't stand those Italian people much longer.....
you know what? I think I'll leave this monday! Pronto! Laughing
matthijs
matthijs

Update Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Update   Update EmptyMer 26 Juil à 3:44

i saw the new Pirates last night!! It's soooo entertaining!!! go see!!!
Kyra's hot!! (And, reading the reactions of the female companions i was with, Depp and Bloom happen to trigger something amongst women! ...but ofcourse i'm not telling you girls anything new here...
raphaelle
raphaelle

Update Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Update   Update EmptyMer 26 Juil à 6:46

don't you worry about that!! I was SOOOO planning to go and see it!!
i take the metro everyday and there are these huge billboards with Johnny staring at me.... it usually makes my day... colors
Marieke
Langue pendue
Marieke

Update Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Update   Update EmptyJeu 27 Juil à 6:15

Huh new Pirates? But we are the true ones aren´t we, aiai another breakdown of my own image... Shocked Laughing

Here in Madrid I haven´t seen anything relating to pirates except from ugly drunk guys lying around. But wowie, there quite some are beautiful things -buildings, bars, clothing- here and really a lot going on, especially cultural stuff. Great! Too bad I cannot participate too much: want to regrade my Spanish so after this post voy a estudiar más otra vez.

Hope you all are doing well. Seems to be so. Still wondering what Michel is up to Smile.

Muchos besos!
matthijs
matthijs

Update Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Update   Update EmptyJeu 27 Juil à 9:22

BREAKING NEWS!!----------------------LANDIS WAS ON DOPE!!-------------BREAKING NEWS!!----------------------LANDIS WAS ON DOPE!!--------------BREAKING NEWS!!----------------------LANDIS WAS ON DOPE!!--------------BREAKING NEWS!!----------------------LANDIS WAS ON DOPE!!--------------BREAKING NEWS!!----------------------LANDIS WAS ON DOPE!!--------------BREAKING NEWS!!----------------------LANDIS WAS ON DOPE!!--------------BREAKING NEWS!!----------------------LANDIS WAS ON DOPE!!--------------BREAKING NEWS!!----------------------LANDIS WAS ON DOPE!!--------------BREAKING NEWS!!----------------------LANDIS WAS ON DOPE!!--------------BREAKING NEWS!!----------------------LANDIS WAS ON DOPE!!--------------BREAKING NEWS!!----------------------LANDIS WAS ON DOPE!!--------------BREAKING NEWS!!----------------------LANDIS WAS ON DOPE!!--------------BREAKING NEWS!!----------------------LANDIS WAS ON DOPE!!--------------BREAKING NEWS!!----------------------LANDIS WAS ON DOPE!!--------------BREAKING NEWS!!----------------------LANDIS WAS ON DOPE!!--------------BREAKING NEWS!!----------------------LANDIS WAS ON DOPE!!--------------BREAKING NEWS!!----------------------LANDIS WAS ON DOPE!!--------------BREAKING NEWS!!----------------------LANDIS WAS ON DOPE!!--------------BREAKING NEWS!!----------------------LANDIS WAS ON DOPE!!--------------BREAKING NEWS!!----------------------LANDIS WAS ON DOPE!!--------------BREAKING NEWS!!----------------------LANDIS WAS ON DOPE!!--------------BREAKING NEWS!!----------------------LANDIS WAS ON DOPE!!--------------BREAKING NEWS!!----------------------LANDIS WAS ON DOPE!!--------------BREAKING NEWS!!----------------------LANDIS WAS ON DOPE!!--------------BREAKING NEWS!!----------------------LANDIS WAS ON DOPE!!--------------BREAKING NEWS!!----------------------LANDIS WAS ON DOPE!!--------------BREAKING NEWS!!----------------------LANDIS WAS ON DOPE!!---------------
raphaelle
raphaelle

Update Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Update   Update EmptyVen 28 Juil à 11:13

come on, they are all on dope anyway, aren't they?....

the other good news of yesterday is that i've been given an extra week of holiday in 2 weeks!!! i dunno what to do with it but yippee!

and guess who is seeing mick jagger in a few hours? Laughing

among 79 999 other men and women i know...
raphaelle
raphaelle

Update Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Update   Update EmptyJeu 17 Aoû à 5:34

man, it sure is quiet on here......
i hope you are all doing very well, enjoying a freezing month of august after an awfully hot month of july...
i'm spending a week in normandy you know, resting, seeing my parents, eating my mother's cooking, drinking my father's wine, walking in the woods, cycling, riding horses, watching the 2nd season of desperate housewives when it's raining.... nothing special... but it feels so not to have anything to do!
so i'm gonna go and do nothing now and i hope to read a bit from you guys!
kus
Contenu sponsorisé

Update Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Update   Update Empty

Update
Page 1 sur 1